Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A quick update at 4am


I just went up to deck 4 forward to smoke a cigarette. The moon was the back light to the fluffiest and juiciest clouds I have ever seen. The starts twinkled in between each cloud and I was transported into a Magrite painting (without the men descending with umbrellas). The Caribbean Sea glistened in the starlight and an easy starboard breeze cooled my face. This is the reason you spend eight months at sea. Eat your hear our, lake Erie….


Seabag

1 comment:

Phineas said...

Mic, The crew's reaction to the stroke victim inconveniencing them is mob mentality at its finest. As stated in "The Big Lobowski", "That reminds me of Vietnam (I was never there) where the Vietnamese were the "gooks" and one did not kill them, rather they were "wasted". It also reminded me of having worked at a hospital that could not stand patients because they interferred with the flow of paperwork. I enjoyed your prosaic description of the moon, stars, and sea air. Incredibly, we had a full moon here that night too LOL. It is Savannah hot here which provides a great reality check when I fantasize about relocating to that beautiful city would be a miraculous geographical cure to all my boredom and other assorted problems. Have fun and listne to Margaritaville every chance you get.